Hexagram 24: Hello World
The Wise One floats in a clear lake upon a high mountain.
Before bringing the Golden Code to Earth, the Wise One first floats high above it. Golden Code requires perfect function as well as perfect form. The Wise One finds true purpose in meditation, not in a statement of requirements. Yet there is danger. If he thrashes in the water then he will drown, and all will be lost. Only if he floats serenely, can the Golden Code announce its Heavenly purpose with a universal greeting to all beings of the Earth, "Hello World".
- Line 6 -- True purpose is revealed. Great fortune, and peaceful greetings to all the world.
- Line 5 -- Perfect requirements are glimpsed momentarily in heaven's reflection on the lake. No blame.
- Line 4 -- The lake is calm and so is the programmer. All true requirements come from within.
- Line 3 -- In winter the mountain lake freezes into ice. The wise programmer learns quickly how to skate.
- Line 2 -- A strong mountain wind stirs waves upon the lake. Deadlines cause ministers to grow agitated. Great peril.
- Line 1 -- A stack of requirements documents lands upon the programmer's desk with a mighty thud. Much blame, no progress.